Saturday, 05 April 2008

The unwelcome guest

The last few days have been a little hectic to say the least; Month end and school holidays have been challenging enough and then to top it all off I have had a visitor, a not very welcome visitor.

She isn't the most welcome guest around here and we have all begun to dread her arrivals; the kids don't really like her very much and frankly she finds the kids rather aggravating. In her crabbiness she tends to get rather disagreeable, which is become increasingly difficult to tolerate. My husband finds her somewhat of an intrusion in his peaceful existence and was really grateful to be away on a business trip while she was here, leaving the kids and I to deal with her on our own.

I know it is not really very hospitable of me to complain about a guest like this but I am certain that if you understood how acrimonious she can get, you may sympathise with us. She is pretty cantankerous actually for lack of a better word or words; she complains, finds every task an effort and spends most her time moaning that she wishes she could just be alone or somewhere else. She is a dragon lady, and if you rub her up the wrong way, you'd better leave the neighbourhood.... and fast. It is no wonder that my husband seems to plan his business trips around her and I am sure the kids wish that they could join him and leave me to cater to her needs all on my own.

Although her monthly visits are most unwelcome and long suffering, thankfully she leaves like clockwork after four or five days, leaving us all breathing a sigh of relief and life returns back to normal....more or less. We have *almost* learned to resign ourselves to the fact that until *we* get old and outgrow one another Scarlet O Hellraiser will be joining us on a regular monthly basis to bring turmoil into our home.

No comments: