Friday, 28 March 2008

An "unplanned" success

Progress, We are making total progress and I am completely chuffed with myself. I managed to; wait for it; have a completely unplanned day and to top it all off, it was great.

Hubby, is sadly, still away and in a desperate attempt to find some moral, spiritual, any kind of back up, I found myself on route to round up the troops or shall I say troop in the form of the ever reliable last-minute-I-cannot cope-without-you, my mother. Love you MOM.

While stopped at the Mall to deliver keys to my brother, we scouted for somewhere to have lunch. PIZZA, PIZZA they pleaded. I tried to convince them that a cleverly disguised cucumber stick, rosa tomato and grilled chicken "spider burger" from Kuaui would be way cooler; they were not convinced....PIZZA! Oh what the heck, lets go get Pizza. On route to the Pizza place we passed by the Cinema (I had forgotten these places even existed!!!). This is territory that I never dare to tread; this is Daddy's territory. Daddy is the movie taker. He doesn't really get to spend much time at home and this is HIS treat with the kids. Taking the children to a movie felt a little like I was staging a Cinema Coup and invading some territorial space that was a no-go zone for the Mother, I felt a little guilty, like I was taking quality time away from Daddy. The puppy dog faces became too much to bear and once again I succumbed and off we went to the movies after the pizza.

I Highly recommend the new Dr. Seuss movie, thoroughly enjoyed it, a real riot. Good thing the kids loved it too.

Once we had reached home, it hit me!! We had a totally awesome day and it was completely unplanned.....YAY ME....clap clap clap.....(yeah I know I watch far too much Disney Channel, go figure!).

No comments: