Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Savouring the moment

We did the beach thing again today, mostly due to my complete lack of imagination at holiday entertaining I guess. Perhaps it has something to do with wanting to suck up the last few warm rays of sunshine that we have during the day, as the nights begin to forewarn of the impending winter.




What struck me the most today, is how children have the unique ability to savour something so simple yet pleasurable, like an ice cream.


Kade is quite determined to make sure not even the slightest trace of any chocolate coating remains on that stick.Madam Fluff, far away in her own little bit of chocolate coated, vanilla ice cream paradise.Are there possibly any words to describe the absolute delight in making the most of a melting, icy orange Popsicle?

1 comment:

Melany aka Supermom said...

I sure wouldn't mind entertaining my kids with a trip to the beach! Pity the closest beach is 7 hours away lol