Tuesday, 03 June 2008

Breakfast boycotts and flying eggs

The battle for power is on again. The battle between the girls. I was always led to believe, while growing up, that the man was the head of the household, this statement, depending on how one looks at it can be true and false. Admittedly in our household, my husband is definitely the breadwinner but does that make him the HEAD of the house??? hhhmmmm, tricky?

There are days when I prefer him to be the head honcho but then there are days when it puts a feather in *MY* cap to say I am the boss around here, well, when it comes to the kids anyway. I think. Madam Fluff finds any opportunity to challenge this; this morning (and every other freeking morning actually) proves my point perfectly. Breakfast is a nightmare. She will refuse to eat anything, which completely contradicts the school's pleas of making sure your child has a healthy morning meal to ensure that they are awake, alert and not dreary and tired. All the fuss of getting Fluff to eat her breakfast is making me dreary and tired and a few other *beeping* things. Dragging (almost literally) her to school this morning in her PJ's didn't seem to feature too much either (perhaps she had noticed the pile of school clothes on the front seat and called by bluff, I 'm not sure.)

Is this a case of two stubborn hens fighting for the top spot or am *I* being stubborn in attempting to maintain my superiority by forcing something on her that isn't really as big of an issue as I am making it out to be? A little help here or as a fellow blogger so eloquently refers to as "assvice" (advice), would be greatly appreciated. I just don't see the point of making our mornings (as it is becoming) a traumatising experience for everyone in the household. Should I stick to my guns and insist that rules are rules (there are two other kiddies that I am afraid might cotton on to the idea of breakfast boycotting if I relent). My dilemma I hope to make your dilemma and would appreciate some ass kicking problem solving advice here. Thank you.

No comments: