Friday, 18 April 2008

Your favourite "me time"

I am still trying to get my head around this whole time out thing. After a few discussions with a couple of friends, I have come to the conclusion that we are all in dire need of this elusive time out thing, but seem to have some varied views on what exactly time out means for us.

For some a candle lit bath, (alone, thank you very much) is considered time out. For others it may be just getting a moment to do some nasty business in the loo without being reminded (by the little ankle snappers fighting over who is going to give Mom the best and longest piece of loo paper) of the unfeminine noises or foul smells permeating from the lavatory. There are those who would enjoy a shopping spree or being pampered at a day spa and many who would love a relaxing weekend away or better yet a week or more.

Does the lack of time that you get for yourself create a greater need for wanting more time for yourself? If you were to be able to regularly get those solo potty breaks and candle lit baths, would this be enough? Is the fact that I am able to write this blog in peace and quiet while all the little angels are in la la land considered me time?

I really am quite curious to know what your ideal "me time" would be, you know, just in case I've missed something awesome that I would realise I would really rather be doing.

Please take a moment to indicate on the poll (on your right hand side) what would be your ideal time out and if you have any other ideas or special secrets, please share them with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 'me' time is definitely when I can blog. Be it read or write. I mostly do this WITH the kids next to me but I feel it's 'me' time