Monday, 17 March 2008

Scaredy Cat

While Kade has had a few visits by the tooth fairy, I have had repeated visits by the tooth monster. Although I having discovered the new and blissful world of drugs (painkillers), I have finally relented and am reluctantly allowing myself to be taken hostage by an evil mercenary that goes by the name of "the dentist".

Frankly I am rather petrified. I am not big on a lot of things and dentists, or anyone in the medical field or any field for that matter that inflicts any sort of pain on my body of any sort. Yes, you would have guessed right....I have no tattoo's either. For goodness sake people, I need to practically be high on dormicum before I'll allow a nursing sister to take a blood sample. Hhmm, I can hear you thinking...how on earth did this woman manage to have 3 kids??? Trust me, it wasn't easy.

I begged the dentist to let me go under general anaesthetic for my root canals and extractions but my medical aid didn't fall for it. I am certain that due to my panic attack anxiety, my dentist would probably prefer it if I were unconscious. She has suggested conscious sedation. Basically I will be awake the entire hour and a half that this woman is going to pull out 2 roots and two molars, while I am awake and conscious, and she is trying to convince me that I won't remember or feel a thing. PLEASE oh PLEASE if there is anybody out there who has had this procedure done and can verify this....I neeeeed to know.

It has been suggested that I do not operate any heavy or moving machinery (I am certain the stove falls under this category) for at least 24 hours after the procedure and it is even recommended that one does not sign any legal documents during this time either (would this include blogging???) Clearly the evil dentist is not a mother or they would have added that "it is not recommended that the patient look after any children for at least a week after surgery.".....One can dream. The little buggers are going to love that Mommy is not going to be able to talk to them for a few days, never mind raise her shrieking voice from time to time.

I guess the bottom line is that we can add, ashamedly, another weakness to my already dodgy persona. I am an anal, nutty, insecure, and now scaredy cat with a split personality.
Wish me luck.

No comments: