Monday, 18 February 2008

How time fies

How time fies I suppose that the real art of blogging is to keep it up and do it regularly. As you can see, it's been about two weeks if not more since I attempted the blogging craze. Well to be honest I've been doing the "normal Mom" thing, running around after three kids, dizzying myself between getting dressed, eating breakfast, taking them all to school, three seperate ones no less, rushing home to do my husbands admin, which I recently had the pleasure of taking over. We have agreed that he should stick to what he knows best!
Before I know it school's almost out and I have to do the afternoon pick ups, how considerate of the schools to coordinate their closing times so that I have exactly 15 minutes to get to the next school, try and find parking and then await my little munchkin with a non flustered look on my face as though I have been waiting for just this moment all morning. If I'm lucky lunch will pass by quickly and uneventfully and then the homework, aahh the homework.
My eldest son Kade started Grade 1 this year, has been doing homework all of 6 weeks and hates it. The excuses he comes up with to find any reason not to count from 1 - 20 and then backwards to 1 again. We could practically count the excuses to 20 and then back to one again. The days that he does cooperate (with a little bribery and corruption) homework takes all of 5 - 10 minutes but it seems like eternity, now for the both of us. To top it all off my daughter, Caley tries to either assist, interfere or take the attention away from the situation on to her, which ends up with somebody or everybody having a meltdown.
Once homework is evetually done, it's time to start making dinner. I have always loved cooking and experimenting with dishes and doing the whole 10 yards with funny faces or cartoon type dinners, sadly we have now resorted to how to make a meal feed 5 in 10 minutes or less and still have it taste like something. Thankfully bath time is a favourite pass time in our household, but alas, pandemonium will still creep into the situation with more mediating taking place for who gets first place into the bath and who get to put the bubbles in. I did try just throwing them all in at the same time but regretted my decision almost as soon as they jumped in. That is a story completely on its own.
Great, with everybody smelling good and clean and fresh and after having almost called flood control to rescue my bathroom floors and cupboards. It is time for them to "relax" with their juice while I clean up the dinner dishes. Hopefully if I've timed it well enough it should be almost time for bed. While Kade and Caley drift off relatively easily Connor will drag it out until about 9.30pm to the point where as I'm about to do something either illegal to the child or to myself, he drifts off to sleep.
Phew. I say a quick hi to my husband Mark who quietly floated in at some point between , bath, supper or bed. Try and sit down for a few minutes and just before I completely realx, it is time to clean the house

1 comment:

Tertia said...

Sjoe! I am exhausted just reading your day ;-)

I am busy ignoring my children (who are supposed to be in bed, but are playing) while I catch up my blogs.

Bad mother, bad!