Saturday, 26 April 2008

Appreciating molehills

(please note that this is a sad topic)

I was dropping of little Snuggle Bug at school the other morning and I overheard a conversation that really hit a nerve. A friend of one of the fellow Mom's went to her gynae after experiencing some unusual vaginal bleeding. Unfortunately, her doctor suspected cancer and she was sent off for the relevant tests. The results that came back were life changing and shocking; as it turns out her body is riddled with cancer and only her brain and her lungs have thus far managed to show no trace of it. I don't even know her and my heart felt like it was being wretched from my body and being squeezed slowly. Her poor children are only in Grade 2 and Grade R.

I know we all have our lives to live, yet suddenly I felt incredibly guilty for making molehill issues, such as me time and lunch box treats into mountains. I often pray to God that He would grant me a life long enough to watch my children grow into adults and to be able to share all their life's occasions and achievements with them. This poor woman has such a low anti body count at the moment that for 80 days, while she is on an immune building treatment, she may not even touch her kids and each night they say good night to her through a window. I couldn't imagine not being able to kiss my children goodbye as they leave for school or hug them goodnight, kissing their foreheads as they say their bedtime prayers.

I do not know her name, I do not know who she is but I have thought about her constantly for the last few days and have prayed for her and her family. Perhaps, if you are religiously inclined, you could spare a prayer today for her and other Mom's in her situation and lets keep our little molehills, molehills, even if just for today.

No comments: